Despite cutbacks, Wappapello favorite special events survive
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers at Wappapello Lake is pleased to announce their upcoming special events for 2012. Families can enjoy volunteer opportunities, living history events, connecting with the great outdoors, or just soaking up seasonal fun. Check out the annual favorites below (subject to possible change ):
- April 14-15 34th Annual Old Greenville Black Powder Rendezvous
- June 16 Kid’s Get Outdoors Fun Day
- June 30 Ranger Willie’s Wet and Wild Waterfest
- August 25 3rd Annual A.C.A.T. Triathlon
- August 31-Sept 3 25-Mile Labor Day Weekend Yard Sale
- September 15-16 21st Annual Old Greenville Days
- September 22 National Public Lands Day
- October 6 W.O.O.D.S. (Wappapello Outdoor Opportunities for Disabled Sportsmen)
- November 23 – December 31 20th Annual Festival of Lights Christmas Auto Tour
The Bill Emerson Memorial Visitor Center also offers FREE interpretive programs from Memorial Day to Labor Day weekend. Make plans to attend programs featuring crafts, puppet shows, nature, history, art, geocaching, survival skills, the flood of 2011, and more. Scheduled programs will be forthcoming. If you take pleasure in sharing your talents with others, then consider doing a program with us at the Visitor Center! Please contact Park Ranger Kathy Dickson for more details.
Come and enjoy your beautiful public lands at Wappapello Lake! For more information, please contact the Wappapello Lake Management Office at (573) 222-8562. Remember, safety is up to you, so buckle up! Life jackets and seat belts do SAVE LIVES.