AmerenUE to hold first Proffit Mountain Open House and Tour
True to Mr. Mark Birk’s word on May 27, AmerenUE will be holding its first Open House and Upper Reservoir Tour on Saturday, August 7. Below is the exact text of the announcement, also found online at AmerenUE Taum Sauk. Attendance is by advance reservation only and those reservations must be made by July 30.
In celebration of the rebuild and reopening of the upper reservoir, AmerenUE is holding an open house on Saturday, August 7, 2010. Guest must be able to climb a steep incline to reach the top as tours will be conducted at the top of the reservoir. Advance reservations are required due to security requirements, space limitations, and certain restrictions will apply.
* Limited to five people from each immediate family, with entire party arriving in one vehicle.
* No weapons or alcohol allowed.
* No backpacks allowed.
* Wear weather-appropriate clothing.
* Visitors wearing sandals, open-toed shoes or “flip flops” will not be allowed to walk the ramp to the upper reservoir.
* Visitors must be able to climb a steep incline to see into the upper reservoir.
* Visitors are allowed to take pictures during the tour.
Tour reservations for each 2 hour session will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. To reserve a tour time slot please complete the online tour reservation form. All reservations must be received by July 30, 2010.
Directions will be sent with your tour confirmation.
Note: The Taum Sauk lower reservoir will be closed to fishing the day of this event.